This pre-planned Shady Oasis Container Garden has (1) plant each of Redbirds In A Tree (Scrophularia) and Little Treasure Dwarf Spur Columbine (2) plants of Firefly Coral Bells and (3) plants of Marian Sampson Scarlet Monardella for a total 7 plants. Each pre-planned garden comes with a simple planting diagram. Hardy in zones 6 - 9. Grown in zones 4-6 with special care. See below.
Container Garden Care:
- Use a premium quality potting mix (NOT garden soil) to fill the container.
- During the growing season, fertilize regularly with a fish emulsion based liquid fertilizer at least twice monthly (at recommended rates on the bottle).
- Deadhead the plants as the flowers fade to keep them tidy and blooming.
- In zones 4,5 and 6, provide winter protection by moving the pots into the garage before night temperatures drop into the low teens/single digits. In warmer zones 7-9, move the pot up against the east of north side of the house to protect the plants from excess sun.
- Indoors or outdoors, water moderately once or twice per month so the soil doesn't get bone dry.
- Leave the plants standing over the winter and clip them back hard in mid-spring before moving the pot outdoors for the next growing season.
Plants are subject to change due to availability. If we make substitutions, we feature plants with similar attributes suitable to the garden design
|Item Package Size|
Garden of 7 Plants
Shady Oasis Container Garden
6, 7, 8, 9
Full Sun, Morning Sun & Afternoon Shade
Heuchera sanguineum 'Firefly': 18" tallScrophularia macrantha: 36-48" tallMonardella macrantha 'Marian Sampson': 3-4" tallAquilegia chrysantha 'Little Treasure': 15" tall
Mid spring to summer
Compost Enriched Garden Loam Soil
Drought Resistant / Waterwise, Average
|Amount Of Rain|
10 to 20", 20 to 30", 30 to 40"
Attract Hummingbirds, Native, Extended Bloom Time (more than 4 weeks)
High Country Gardens Exclusive, High Country Gardens Introduction
Anywhere In The US, Northeast, Midwest, West, Southwest, Pacific Northwest
Spring / Summer, Fall
|Ships To Canada|