This pre-planned Hummingbird Container Garden has (1) plant of Kudos™ Mandarin Agastache, (2) plants of Compact Pineleaf Penstemon and (3) plants of Orange Carpet® Creeping Hummingbird Trumpet (Zauschneria) for a total 6 plants. Each pre-planned garden comes with a simple planting diagram. Hardy in zones 5-9. In zones 4-6, grow with special care. See below.
Container Garden Care:
- Use a premium quality potting mix (NOT garden soil) to fill the container.
- During the growing season, fertilize regularly with a fish emulsion based liquid fertilizer at least twice monthly (at recommended rates on the bottle).
- Deadhead the plants as the flowers fade to keep them tidy and blooming.
- In zones 4,5 and 6, provide winter protection by moving the pots into the garage before night temperatures drop into the low teens/single digits. In warmer zones 7-9, move the pot up against the east of north side of the house to protect the plants from excess sun.
- Indoors or outdoors, water moderately once or twice per month so the soil doesn't get bone dry.
- Leave the plants standing over the winter and clip them back hard in mid-spring before moving the pot outdoors for the next growing season.
Plants are subject to change due to availability. If we make substitutions, we feature plants with similar attributes suitable to the garden design
|Item Package Size|
Garden of 6 Plants
Hummingbird Container Garden
5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Kudos™ Mandarin Agastache: 18" tallCompact Pineleaf Penstemon: 10" tallOrange Carpet® Creeping Hummingbird Trumpet (Zauschneria): 4-6" tall
|Mature Plant Size|
Kudos™ Mandarin Agastache: 16" wideCompact Pineleaf Penstemon: 12" wideOrange Carpet® Creeping Hummingbird Trumpet (Zauschneria): 15-18" wide
Late spring to early fall
Sandy Soil, Average Soil, Well-Drained Soil
Attract Hummingbirds, Native, Fragrant Flower / Foliage
High Country Gardens Exclusive, High Country Gardens Introduction
West, Western Only, Southwest, Pacific Northwest
Spring / Summer, Fall
|Ships To Canada|