Miniature Mat Daisy
Details2" tall x 15" wide (cutting propagated). Consider this one for shady areas of your yard. Bellium is a vigorous grower, covering itself with a multitude of 1/2" white daisies from late spring through the summer. The tiny, spoon-shaped leaves form a dense mat of foliage. Needs regular watering; not recommended for dry shade areas. Ideal for planting between flagstone or pavers in spots too shady for Creeping Thyme. Can tolerate occasional foot traffic.
25100 (Plant - 2.5" deep pot)
25100F (Flat of 32 - 2.5" deep pots)
|Common Name||Miniature Mat Daisy|
|Botanical Name||Bellium minutum|
|Zones||5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|Light Requirements||Full Shade|
|Mature Height||2" tall|
|Mature Spread||15" wide|
|Bloom Time||Late spring through the summer.|
|Ships As||Potted Plant|
|Planting Time||Spring / Summer, Fall|
|Soil Type||Average Soil, Compost Enriched Garden Loam Soil|
|Amount of Rain||10 to 20", 20 to 30", 30 to 40", 40 to 50"|
|Advantages||Bee Friendly, Easy to grow, Groundcover, Extended Bloom Time (more than 4 weeks)|
|Ideal Region||Anywhere In The US, Northeast, Midwest, Southwest, West, Pacific Northwest|
|Neonicotinoid-Free||Yes - Learn More|
|Ships to Hawaii, Alaska & Canada||No|
Tips On Growing Bellium (Miniature Mat Daisy)
Bellium (Miniature Mat Daisy) - An Old World species used as a small-scale ground cover.
Preferred growing conditions:
- Plant in most any soil type, including clay.
- This is a shade loving plant for morning sun or all day shade planting sites.
- Mulching is not necessary.
- Water regularly to keep the soil moist. Not recommended for dry gardens.
- Fertilize lightly in the fall with Yum Yum Mix/compost blend.
- Deadhead to extend the blooming season.
- Plants can be divided during the spring to create more transplants.
View more Planting Guides, or download our complete Planting Guide for tips on caring for your plants when you receive your order, as well as planting instructions for Perennials, Spring-Planted Bulbs, Fall-Planted Bulbs, Cacti & Succulents, Xeric Plants and more.
Plant Shipping: Buy now and we will ship your order at the ideal planting time for your region. Spring-Planted Perennial and Bulb orders will ship from February 27-June 30, warmest zones first.
Most plant and bulb orders arrive within 2-6 days, or less, of leaving our greenhouses in Colorado. This prompt delivery is provided without additional express charges.
Grass Plugs Will ship at planting time in spring, beginning in late February.
Wildflower Seed & Grass Seed Orders ship within 2-3 days.
Standard shipping costs are $4.99 and up, depending on the size of the order.
Make Fast Even Faster: For ‘Rush’ same week delivery, please call customer service at 800-925-9387.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
Comments about High Country Gardens Bellium minutum:
I have this little Bellium with other rock garden small perennials
- Primary use:
Q & A
Suggested Companion Plants:
USDA Hardiness Planting Zones
To determine if a plant is sufficiently cold hardy, the USDA created numbered zones indicating winter low temperatures; the lower the zone number the colder the winter.
- If the coldest winter temperature expected in your area is -15°F (zone 5) then any plants rated zones 3-5 will survive the winter temperatures in your area.
- If you live in very warm winter areas (zones 9-11) plants with zones 3-4 ratings are not recommended. The lack of freezing winter temperatures do not provide a time for winter dormancy (rest).
Find Your Planting Zone:
Enter your Zip Code to find your USDA Planting Zone