Create an alternative lawn by carpeting your landscape with colorful, low-care groundcovers. These low-growing perennials are an indispensable part of any well-well designed garden and are perfect for replacing areas of lawn, large and small, especially difficult-to-mow hillsides. Use them as a “living mulch” to cool the ground and suppress weed growth or for filling in spaces between flagstones and pavers. Knowing and understanding their tolerance to foot traffic is a key element in deciding what are the right groundcovers for your needs. Read about Groundcovers You Can Step On and Creating A Thyme Lawn.
We’re sorry, but the following items are currently unavailable
The following items are either out of season or we’ve sold out of our inventory. Please feel free to browse our selection and sign up for our newsletter to be notified when these products are available for next season! We often have similar items available, so please utilize our search or filters (on the left) to explore other options. Or, call us at (800) 925-9387 for help.
- Stachys byzantina Helen von Stein
- Bellium minutum
- Phlox subulata Drummond's Pink
- Thymus serpyllum Ohme Garden Carpet
- Veronica prostrata Dick's Wine
- Gazania krebsiana Hantamberg Orange
- Delosperma congestum Gold Nugget
- Gallium odoratum
- Leptinella squalida Platt's Black
- Phlox subulata Scarlet Flame
- Delosperma 'Kelaidis'
- Delosperma Jewel of the Desert Garnet
- Gazania krebsiana Scarlet Tanager
- Zizophora clinopodioides Alpinum
- Phlox grayi Shades of Pink
- Antenaria dimorpha Boulder Mountain, UT
- Achillea millefolium Sonoma Coast
- Callirhoe digitata