Our 100% Guarantee
For over 20 years, High Country Gardens has built our reputation by offering the best plants and other gardening products available anywhere.
When you order from us, we guarantee that you will receive the hardiest plants, bulbs or seeds available, packed with care and ready to thrive in your garden. If you have followed our detailed planting and care instructions and you do not experience success, we will honor our satisfaction guarantee for up to one full year from delivery. We are happy to offer a one-time replacement (if available), an account credit or a refund. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
For non-plant items such as garden tools and soil amendments, you may return unopened items in saleable condition within 30 days of receipt, and we'll return the purchase price less shipping charges.
You can rest assured that your online order is secure. We were one of the first mail-order garden suppliers to offer our products online and have state-of-the-art security programming. Our website is scanned daily to verify its security status.
Commercial Order Guarantee
We only sell top-quality plants, bulbs and seeds and deliver them to commercial customers with the understanding that they will be planted and cared for per the instructions included. We guarantee the plants be true to name, and to ship and arrive in good condition. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the products they purchase are properly suited for the application and conditions. Per industry standards, we will honor any claims or return requests for up to 30 days after delivery. We cannot be responsible for damage to plants by animals or extraordinary weather. Shipping is non-refundable.
In the rare case you have a plant problem, please contact us using:
- Email Us. Please include your customer and order number from the sheet shipped with your plants. Indicate whether you would like a replacement, credit or refund.
- Call us at 800-925-9387. We're happy to help you!
Our customer service department is open Monday through Friday 9am-5pm MT. Have your order number ready to help us promptly assist you.
Contact Customer Service:
M-F 9 am - 5 pm MT
High Country Gardens
PO Box 22398
Santa Fe, NM 87502
Your Order Arrives Fresh & Ready
- Plant orders arrive packed in our specially designed shipping boxes with our complete David's Helpful Hints for Transplanting Your New Plants instruction booklet. We have designed our own custom shipping boxes to hold your plants snugly and securely. No styrofoam peanuts!
- Our standard plant shipping is 3 days!
- We will ship your plants at the first zone appropriate week. If you would prefer a different ship week, please call customer service.
- All non-plant items ship within 2-3 days.
- Grass and seed orders ship within 5-8 business days (all zones).
For more information about shipping, go to: Shipping Information.
Download our planting guide
Info about our plants:
All our plants are grown in pots. We don’t sell or recommend bare-root perennials or shrubs for planting in harsh western climates.
Our potted plants arrive fully rooted, healthy and take off fast!
Perennials will not grow as rapidly as annual flowers. Planted in the garden, most perennials will require 2-3 growing seasons to reach mature size listed in the plant description.
Patience, good soil preparation and attention to new transplants will reward you with much pleasure and beauty over the years.
Please see our plant pot sizes. Most of our plants are sold in Premium 5" deep pots unless otherwise noted in the plant description.
Plants in our standard pots take off fast. Plants in our deep rooted premium 5" pots take off even faster!